Artist Collaboration time!

https://soundcloud.com/heather-brown-19/dont-try-to-fix-me-by-a-beautiful-milieu

Don’t try and fix me by: A Beautiful Milieu

I have come a long way. A really long way. I will tell you why I feel like I have lived a multitude of lifetimes within this one.

Not only am I viewing the world I live in differently. I also view myself with different eyes. No small feat I tell you. I wish you the same when the time will come for you to open yourself to this truth.

All my life I have been told that I am “broken”. Now I am not quite sure when and where it all began. Coming from a dysfunctional family my memory stays murky still, for my presumed self-protection. But nonetheless, through numerous miraculous encounters my eyes are slowly opening to what I am no matter how blinding (and painful) it is.

I. AM. NOT. BROKEN.

I stopped believing the bullshit sell out stories we tell each other. From birth on looking for defects and imperfections in each other. The constant improvement to whatever standards is set forth through the eyes and the mind of whoever is criticizing you. No more.

But that’s just part of it.

Much more powerful than that is that I stopped believing the tales of pity bestowed upon me by people who interpret life as a huge stew of suffering. That anything that happens to me, to us, is a testimony of how we were placed on this earth to endure something. I call bullshit on that, too. It’s not about what happens to us, but how we handle anything. Even if it is absolutely out of our hands as to what happens and how it goes down, does not imply that I am a life that needs to be pitied. Here is a very primitive comparison. There is no pity in the animal world. And honestly, the way we humans treat our life, does not make us much more of an advanced species, despite having developed opposable thumbs to help us further our own destruction.

So here’s my point. Enjoy life. You are life. Whatever stories you believe about yourself will dictate how much joy you will experience. So if you feel sour about things that happened to you, things that happen to any of us, like losing jobs or housing, losing loved ones, having health issues that are not related to your lifestyle, bad relationships etc, realize that that is simply part of being alive. Of being life. Your life is no less glorious than those people who express their pity about your life only because it makes them feel better about their own shitty existence.
Written by: www.facebook.com/heikesmilieu/ Go read more great stuff from this incredible soul!

Performed by: Ha! http:// www.alleyvision.com throw money…lol just kidding 🙂

Music by: Barry Oldfield www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVwRvRP_5AI Please subscribe to his channel!

Thank you for listening to my latest collaboration with other fantastic artists! I hope you enjoy the performance.

Would you like to collaborate with me on something? Let me know! 🙂 HA! <3

#supportlivingartists #supportcontentcreators

5 Comments

  1. G. R. Hambley
    March 8, 2016

    Very nice piece. What family isn’t dysfunctional? Heard sometime ago, 99% of the world is dysfunctional and the other 1% you really gotta watch out for!

    Reply
    1. HA!
      March 8, 2016

      Thank you for the feedback G.R. I sure appreciate it and I’m glad you enjoyed the work. lol I have to agree with ya, my grandpa used to tell me to watch for the hand that wasn’t offered in friendship…if it’s not welcoming (clenched fist) then accept the truth and don’t do any agreeing/deals, always take a day to think about it, so you can say no with grace 🙂

      Reply
      1. G. R. Hambley
        March 9, 2016

        Think before you act, what a concept. 😉

        Reply
        1. HA!
          March 9, 2016

          🙂 for sure lol

          Reply
  2. […] everyone! It’s another Artist Collaboration, this time with the amazing Jeff Foster and two of his poems, “We have not failed” and […]

    Reply

Don't be shy!

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Scroll to top
%d bloggers like this: