Daily art- new work- Her Story

Mixed mEdia original fine art by Heather Brown Truman

“Her Story”

24″ x 30″

Oils/Oil paint pens

Here is the Quote that goes with this work:

“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through
experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened,
ambition inspired, and success achieved.”
~Helen Keller
This work has been in progress for more than a year, finished
on 5/16/08.

Her Story
: Well it’s all of our stories isn’t it? Our personal travels,
experiences, lessons, baggage some say. I say it’s my story and it only can
run
and or ruin my life if I give it power too. I have a story, just as you do. My
story has heroes, risks, lessons, devils, dragons, mountains and roads.

It’s mine.
It maybe the only thing I get to take with me as they say, my story.
I leave it open, I leave a ace of spades for a bookmark; my Moments, are
now
, the desire is not to shed my past, but to incorporate it into the whole
picture.

I get to write the ending though.
I get to write the ending.

I am what I am because of every single thought, experience, choice made,
choices not made, love had, love lost. I am what I am because of my story.

I have no shame.
We have all suffered, it’s the suffering I feared.

I no longer Fear.
The opposite of Fear is not Courage,
It is Love.

Living in the moment,

I can accept every line on my aging
face as testament to the many thousand
battlefields, and miles over come
to be here today.
As I am.

We all have a story.
We all have a terminal illness.
It’s called Birth.
I’m living like it’s my last ten seconds.

Balls to the Wall.
Strap it on.
All out.
Full steam ahead.

A good friend recently commented that my work
made her think that I was a person that did what she wanted to do,
regardless, and screamed at people to “Be Happy!”

[with my work, not literally]
I think she is right,

I am doing those things,
and I would add only one thing,
to hone not to destroy her sentiment,
“Be Happy Right
Here & Now!”
For it’s all we may have in the end; living without regrets,
don’t miss it.
I don’t want to dismiss, I want to embrace.
I want personal freedom.

I release my resistance.

This is my Story.
Well, One of them.

Where is your story taking you?
Thank you for reading, have a great day.

To purchase this work:

1. Vikki North
    May 17, 2008

Talk about detail!!! Never again call me the detail freak. It’s really a beautiful work.

2. cynthia
    May 17, 2008

Fantastic Heather! I love how her story looks like tattoos…

May 17, 2008

Thanks Vikki! *Smirks* A new Queen-dom is born!
    Cynthia, cool thanks, I wanted them to look like tattoos, but I didn’t want to say that in words, so it’s cool that you see them that way too.
    🙂

4. Leah Whitehorse
    May 18, 2008

Tattoo was the first thing I thought when I saw this beautiful image. I have a tattoo and it’s part of my story. I began as a small moon and star, then, after going through a major situation in my life I had a galactic spiral added to it. Our stories are not in insolation – they ripple out across the ether and touch another and another.
    I love this painting 🙂

May 18, 2008

Hi Leah! First I added your wonderful blog (this dreaming heart see it in the side bar). Thanks for your kind words, and thanks for sharing. 🙂

6. Austin Maloney
    May 18, 2008

Nice work. I like your blog. Would you like to do a link exchange? I’m a fellow artist trying to build my ranking by getting more reciprocal links. If interested please email me at:

amaloneyart@gmail.com

7. San
    May 18, 2008

Kickass story. Kickass painting, Heather. A woman tattooing herself as she goes along, wearing her journey with audacity. Correction. Being her audacious journey.

8. helen keller quote
    June 5, 2008

[…] quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspirhttp://badkittyartstudio.wordpress.com/2008/05/16/daily-art-new-work-her-story/Helen Keller Quote – Quotation from Helen Keller – Beauty Quote …Helen Keller. The best and most […]