The Daily Art- Patience FW #16

close up 2
Close up
close up
Close Up

These pictures were taken by a local pro photographer! So, I will be offering no apologies today for bad pictures. Tell me what you think! I think it’s soooo much better.

Fairy World #16

‘Patience’
24″ X 30″ X 2″ (thick)
oils/ mixed media
Here’s the quote that inspired the work:
” Perfer et obdura; doler hie tibi proderit olim.”
Be patient and tough; one day this pain will be useful to you.
~Ovid
This work is from my most Internationally successful series. Fairy World (hit the link to see them all) has won many awards as a collection, this work has been in only a few shows because it’s a newer one to the group, only being finished a little less than a year ago now.
It’s a rich, dark red (think deep burgandy colored leather) in the background. The flowers around her are almost all carnivorous plants, two different types of pitcher plants, and a non-carnivorous, life affirming lotus.
She is playing an ancient roman flute, calling to her lost friends and family to join her, save her, remember that she is on the hill waiting to be seen, heard, loved and understood. She is not a fool in this world, no sir, that’s why she sits in the flowers she can feed you too if you try to hurt her, take her self-esteem or rob her of her confidence. She is patient, smart and strong.
Can you hear her song calling to you? Can you hear the song of truth, wisdom, faith and hope she plays to the universe, under a golden moon?
I can, and it’s beautiful.
I am not afraid to be patient, smart and strong any longer.
She’s playing my song.
Have a good one all,
the fine print:
‘Patience’ from the fairy world series #16
24″ x 30″ x 2″
oils and mixed media
ready to hang/extra thick canvas/needs no frame
SOLD!
05/19/08
Support Living Artists
Buy Some Art Today

1. BlueJude
    March 6, 2007

WOW they just keep getting better and better! You are one talented lady! Good Luck with the show. I need to get some of my canvases together by Spring and don’t seem to making the progress I should. Gotta get my butt in gear!

2. HMBT
    March 6, 2007

Thanks Blue Jude! I appreciate the feedback…now get your stuff together the world needs to see your brillance!

3. Anonymous
    March 7, 2007

I LOVE this piece! I can hear the rubber burning as you go onto the next painting.-Cynthiablogger is giving me problems posting

4. Amber
    March 7, 2007

This is AWESOME. LOVE the colours, the texture and the rawness. 🙂 You go Heather!

5. HMBT
    March 7, 2007

Thanks Cynthia and Amber…I appreciate the feedback, I took the pictures inside the studio and they are a little too dark and red…it’s got a lot more depth than these pic’s but I was so darn tired…anyway, thanks to you both for stopping by and all…do you smell smoke?!…OH! it’s just me…gotta get back to work!

February 19, 2008

These comments were left when the painting was finished, before it went to the pro for pictures. Now what do you all think? 🙂 Heather- 2/19/08

7. jafabrit
    February 19, 2008

This one is really exquisite and I love the quote 🙂

8. bluejude
    February 19, 2008

ABSOLUTLEY FANTASTIC!!!

9. Kris Cahill
    February 20, 2008

Nice work, and the photo is great. It’s good to have a photo that shows how gorgeous your work is! Congratulations on the success of this work. It is well earned!

10. Kalliope Amorphous
    February 20, 2008

Gorgeous work!

11. […] badkittyartstudio wrote an interesting post today on The Daily Art- Patience FW #16Here’s a quick excerptThis work is from my most Internationally successful series. Fairy World (hit the link to see them all) has won many awards as a collection, this work has been in only a few shows because it’sa newer one to the group, … […]

Perfect for a stay IN date night, The Simplicity Collection, a 3D Virtual Art Gallery (FREE) Get comfortable and enjoy the show

The Simplicity Collection is our newest body of work and we are so excited to share it with you.

10 large format, abstract landscapes, done in oils.

30 Original poems

10 creation videos (super fun)

Over an hour of entertainment!

We miss seeing everyone in person and hope you and your families are staying safe and healthy.

We put together this virtual gallery so that everyone can see the works and enjoy the show from the safest place on earth right now, our couches.

We love you and are so grateful for your support and love. Stay safe and enjoy the show.

Your friends in the arts,

Heather & Bill Alley