Pretend you’re a goddess. ~cecilia maria

The new painting…it’s coming along.
24″ x 36″
oils
‘If summer was a goddess’
sorry for the not so good picture, I took it in the studio with a flash…because it’s still dark-thirty here. Click to enlarge.
O Goddess Earth, O all-enduring wide expanses! Salutation to thee. Now I am going to begin cultivation. Be pleased, O virtuous One.
~Ancient Sanskrit Prayer
Which is the woman, which the child? The joyous laugh that opens doors, steals sugared moments from the shelf? Or the dreamer mixing metaphors with tears to make a book of self To read aloud in winter’s rooms When summer’s sounds have ceased to bloom?
Ok, Ok… so I’ve started painting again. Woot!
Having a broken foot is good for making art I find. I got so bored that I was able to shuck the blahs that have hounded me all summer long and started painting again. Thank the Goddess!
I’ve got a busy day today with coaching clients and I want to get the rest of this painting blocked in so I can start working the details.
I hope you all have a wonderful Monday,

1. Cynthia
    September 10, 2007

Oh, Heather, so sorry to hear that your foot is broken! I think the universe might be trying to tell you to slow down and take care of yourself.I like how your painting is coming along too!

2. HMBT
    September 10, 2007

Thanks Cynthia!

3. Anonymous
    September 11, 2007

Sorry about your foot. Hope all is well and you continue to paint.

4. BlueJude
    September 11, 2007

Glad you’re back to painting. Now I can’t wait to see the details on this one! Happy Tuesday BK!

5. HMBT
    September 11, 2007

Thanks anon, I appreciate the well wishes.Blue: nice to see you grrrl, hope all is well in your world!

6. Kathy Holmes
    September 11, 2007

Sorry about your foot. I’ve been there. BTW, the goddess painting is my favorite!

7. HMBT
    September 12, 2007

Kathy! hello my lovely…thanks for the feedback, I am glad that you like her…almost done and I can’t wait to show you all!

Perfect for a stay IN date night, The Simplicity Collection, a 3D Virtual Art Gallery (FREE) Get comfortable and enjoy the show

The Simplicity Collection is our newest body of work and we are so excited to share it with you.

10 large format, abstract landscapes, done in oils.

30 Original poems

10 creation videos (super fun)

Over an hour of entertainment!

We miss seeing everyone in person and hope you and your families are staying safe and healthy.

We put together this virtual gallery so that everyone can see the works and enjoy the show from the safest place on earth right now, our couches.

We love you and are so grateful for your support and love. Stay safe and enjoy the show.

Your friends in the arts,

Heather & Bill Alley