Pay me for my work but I don’t do it for the money.

( I found this image who knows when…and I don’t know who the artist is, sorry about that. I love it so much though I wanted to share…if you know who this wonderful artist is, please let us all know and I will link and document)

BAD! Kitty Art Studio

Quotes about Work:

(The quote in the title of this post)~Vanna Bonta

The master in the art of living makes little distinction between his work and his play…. He simply pursues his vision of excellence at whatever he does, leaving others to decide whether he is working or playing. To him he’s always doing both.

~James Michener

The most common ego identifications have to do with possessions, the work you do, social status and recognition, knowledge and education, physical appearance, special abilities, relationships, personal and family history, belief systems, and often political, nationalistic, racial, religious, and other collective identifications. None of these is you.

The Art of Peace begins with you. Work on yourself and your appointed task in the Art of Peace. Everyone has a spirit that can be refined, a body that can be trained in some manner, a suitable path to follow. You are here to realize your inner divinity and manifest your innate enlightenment. Foster peace in your own life and then apply the Art to all that you encounter.

This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being a force of nature instead of a feverish selfish clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy. I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community and as long as I live it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can. I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work, the more I live. I rejoice in life for its own sake. Life is no ‘brief candle’ to me. It is sort of a splendid torch which I have a hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it over to future generations.

~George Bernard Shaw

Don’t help me or serve me, but let me see it once, because I need it. Don’t work for my happiness, my brothers (and sisters)-show me yours-show me that it is possible-show me your achievement-and the knowledge will give me the courage for mine. Mallory (the young artist) to Roark in “The Fountainhead”

~Ayn Rand

I hope everyone is having a good work week.

I am swamped right at the moment, hence my not blogging this last few days.

The day, she beckons me to work…and I needed to get the old brain pan fired up with useful stuff before I set my shoulders and get through the day with love as my motivation and not resignation. Love is so much more fun, and profitable.

Don’t you think?

Buy some art today…feed your soul.

1. andrea
    July 18, 2007

I’m glad SOMEONE is working! Great new banner.

2. Cynthia
    July 18, 2007

I’m not swamped, but merely barely motivated right now – I need a vacation!

3. Lexi of Creative Energies
    July 19, 2007

That is a fine image indeed but you are likely violating copyright by publishing this way without permission, attribution, or anything else. Artists, of all people, should know the reasons for respecting copyright.Lexi

4. HMBT
    July 19, 2007

Andrea…you crack me up!Cynthia…the dog days of summer are upon us. Woof, woof!Lexi…yes I know I am skating on thin ice with the copyright issue, I do understand it, that’s why I stated up front that I don’t know the info about the artist, I didn’t want anyone thinking it was one of my own, for that would be stealing and dis-honest…I attribute and document extremly well here…I just wanted to share that rocking image…I am sorry if it offended you, I almost never do post something I can’t document…but I was cleaning out image’s from my hard drive and re-found it…and thought it was inspirational is all. If anyone knows the creator, just drop me a line and I’ll attribute like crazy. Again, my aplogies to the unkown artist and to anyone that may be offended by my posting of an undocumented image.

5. Lexi of Creative Energies
    July 19, 2007

You did not offend me, I habitually work on the educational front with copyright issues because so many people simply assume if it is on the internet it is free to use, which is not correct. This can be an issue for us as we operate an art gallery, so I am careful to protect our artists. Actually, I was mostly just surprised, since I have seen you carefully attributing the works you present or quote.

6. HMBT
    July 19, 2007

Thank you Lexi, I appreciate your professional input, as will my readers. I do my best to document with extreme care, as I treat the world as I would like to be treated. Again, I really thank you for your input and hope you will come back soon.

Perfect for a stay IN date night, The Simplicity Collection, a 3D Virtual Art Gallery (FREE) Get comfortable and enjoy the show

The Simplicity Collection is our newest body of work and we are so excited to share it with you.

10 large format, abstract landscapes, done in oils.

30 Original poems

10 creation videos (super fun)

Over an hour of entertainment!

We miss seeing everyone in person and hope you and your families are staying safe and healthy.

We put together this virtual gallery so that everyone can see the works and enjoy the show from the safest place on earth right now, our couches.

We love you and are so grateful for your support and love. Stay safe and enjoy the show.

Your friends in the arts,

Heather & Bill Alley