“Travelers are We”
The quote on it says:
In this era of world wars, in this atomic age, values have changed. We have learned that we are guests of existence, travelers between two stations. We must discover security within ourselves.”
It’s got like I think… 15 layers of rich glaze on it now…I still have two more effects I want to do to it before I call it good, one has to do with the faces…funny how when you take a picture of work that you have done, it removes you from it and you can see where things need tweeking…at least this is my experience. Some of the things I tried raised the collage elements a little and at first I was really frustrated. Then I kept playing with it and it turned into an imperfection that I really like now…I am thinking of using it again on purpose. I have not worked with my acrylics in awhile so I thought why not? It’s fun and fast…I like that in an art medium.
Well anyway…that’s the new work…on with the rest of this post.
BAD! Kitty Art Studio
Quote for the day:
In order to acquire a growing and lasting respect in society, it is a good thing, if you possess great talent, to give, early in your youth, a very hard kick to the right shin of the society that you love. After that, be a snob.
The title to this post is also from Salvador.
I need a vacation.
The cat made a escape attempt yesterday…she ran like the wind and didn’t come back till this morning…no one got much sleep because of it. She is a tiny little kitty, we all love her, but she belongs the Middle Child, and he…well…he loves that cat…so he couldn’t sleep and therefore I couldn’t sleep…aaiieee!
Uuuummm, let’s see…Middle Child turned 10, and we had an all boy party to celebrate. He had a good time, but mentioned a few times that it was hard without Oldest Child around…he misses his big brother…we all do, it’s hard.
Anyway…Middle Child is ten, and he is glad that he is now a double digit!
They grow up so darn fast.
Studio time has been slow and frustrating of late…I have had many ideas and grand plans, but the day job keeps slowing me down. I didn’t realize how much I depended on easel time to keep my sanity and hold depression at bay. I’m not like totally depressed or anything, just blue around the edges…and that doesn’t make for great creative time…not for me anyway.
So…today when I get off work…I have set the day up to be able to paint for the afternoon…and I have no plan as to what my subject matter will be. Yippeee! It’ll be a surprise. I love surprises.
Anyway…I must get to the work day, I have 14 coaching clients lined up for the morning and early afternoon…I should, if I am lucky be off work around 1:30 pm. Then it’s painting time for at least a couple of hours.
I’ll post pictures of the new work later on…still waiting for sunrise round here.
OK so my friend Blue Jude
tagged me with the 7 meme list…I don’t know what else I have to divulge around here…but here it goes:
1. I have little to no patience. I am a very calm impatient person…you wouldn’t know I am suffering from the “hurry up and wait’s” but I am so…impatient in reality.
2. I live in a messy/clean house. By that I mean…the place is totally messy most of the time, but the important stuff, like kitchen sinks, bathrooms, floors, bedsheets, and the garbage are taken care of…laundry is another issue all together.
3. I am a professional stacker. I have the neatest stacks of all time. I rule at stacking stuff and knowing what stack…uuummm let’s say the electric bill is…when I get around to remembering to think about the fact that it seems to be time to pay that again.
4. # 3 brings me to…paying bills…I am not the queen of this…at this I do not rule. I do a fair job at this activity, well enough to keep things running smoothly enough…but it’s something I have to force myself to think about…all I can say is thank the Universe I am also …
5. a total cheep skate. Frugal, a real non-spender. Spending money on stuff…I don’t mean the important stuff, I mean like clothes, entertainment, you know wants…makes my ass twitch. I like having money in the bank…in my life poverty has been the norm…and kind of like the hoarders…I like to be ready for the unexpected…as it always seems to happen anyway…my thinking is keep it simple, and it may just save your bacon in the end.
6. Practical. that’s me. Simple…yeah in a really complicated way…I like living a simple life…yeah it’s like that…that’s how I roll.
7. I don’t make my bed everyday. I make it at night before I get into it. However…I do have incredible dresser drawers. I like really neat drawers…everything else…stacked neatly ready to go into drawers that may or may not be empty at the moment, because I have not taken the time to transfer said stacks into already mentioned insanely neat drawer spaces…
I am not tagging anyone…if you feel inclined to talk about yourself…go ahead..I’ll certainly read it. Otherwise…carry on!
Have a good day one and all,