BAD! ART Feature of the DAY!

BAD! Kitty Art Feature for the day!
Fairy World 5 “Power”
oils and mixed media
framed and ready to hang.
Locals Special Price: $275.00
Blog Special price (non locals)
$335.00 (Includes 60% of the total shipping costs to anywhere inside the USA, I’ll pay the other 40%) I will give you International shipping Quotes for free…just ask.

About Fairy World the series:

The Fairy World Series has been a yearlong exploration of my unique brand of Woman. Growing up, I experienced the extremes of 1970’s stereotypical behavior: both of the genders were represented clearly to my little-grrrl self. I learned to fight, to fear the adults of the world, and to loath my biggest birth defect, being born female.
I wanted to play war, and I fought regularly, boys mostly. I hated the color pink, which was spoon-fed in every petite little girl bite I took. In long hair and dresses, I went about my life trying to make sense of what it was to be a girl in this world. Seeking balance, seeking my inner truth, coming to grips with the body that was at once, object/commodity, weapon/tool, and all the time weak/powerful, and shameful/virtuous.
Learning how to play the roles with gusto, I have traveled 36 years in a body that has not always felt like my own; a rental that is a little short in the legs and itchy in all the spots that are just out of reach. Fairy World allowed me to marry the warrior, and the type, or brand, of woman that I am. I love my grrrl-ness now, a beautiful, complex and scary uniqueness that defies definitions and allows ultimate flexibility. The female form is inherently preprogrammed into us to bring forth many emotions from every human being on the planet. I am one such human, and this is what I see/feel about also being classified as Female Human.

My fairies are not average beauties; they represent the different aspects of my new breed of human being, a complex being that at this time, resides in my gray matter, and now these colorful canvases too. We are all creator and destroyer, we all also have a terminal illness; it’s called birth. I am proud to be this complicated being commonly known as Woman, privately known as the tiny, infinite universe. This life is full of potential, pain and change. Choice is like mathematical equations; never ending numbers spiraling into the void, life is choice; choose wisely and often. Welcome to my world.
Fairy World

About Power:
“Power” is all about inner power, not outward control. It’s about the inner balance of power.”
I can make the seasons change just by the wave of my hand”…(Annie Lenox).
I have no control.
I have no power.
I can only control myself.
I can only give power to myself.
This is mine. It’s hard earned, and beautiful.
Glory in it, or step into the light, but you better bring your shades and a lunch.
This is my choice, this is my lifestyle, I am being true to me now and it feels good.

I have to power not to have to please anyone but me now.
Where is your power? What does it look like?

To claim this wonderful painting as your own or to make an appointment to see it in person, just contact me thru my web sites contact me button,


  1. pinky
    November 15, 2005

    GRRL!! i have exuded some POWER this morning!! i just compiled data for a grant that should take me a month to prepare for. and i did it ALL in less than 3 hours!!!OMG, MY BRAIN IS ON FIRE!!!!

  2. Island jen
    November 15, 2005

    I just found your blog today, what a pleasant surprise!love your artwork and commentary, Do you mind if i borrow a quote or two for my blog?Take it easy…

  3. HMBT
    November 15, 2005

    Pleased to meet you…thanks for the kind words about my site and work…as far as the quotes go…you don’t have to borrow from me…just head over to find every quotable quote ever uttered…or written about…Brian Johnson Rocks!!!! So go get your quote on and please come back soon! What’s your blog? Post a link for us all please.Thanks!Heather

  4. Island jen
    November 16, 2005

    My name above is the link… if you click on the blue text.just incase that doesn’t work,islandtime.blogs.comThanks for the tip on the quotes, tomorrow is ‘Words of wisdom Wednesday’ over at my blog :0)


Don't be shy!

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Scroll to top
%d bloggers like this: